Dream lofty dreams, and as you dream, so you shall become. Your vision is the promise of what you shall one day be; your ideal is the prophecy of what you shall at last unveil.

Friday, March 19, 2010

Relationships....


When I talk about relationships its not only about girlfriends, boyfriends, love affairs...though its a part but largely it includes your parents, friends, close ones, relatives, the bond with the Supreme being and much more. I was a bit sad the previous days(which made me compose this) as I observed the world that surrounds me is confined to materialistic love. They fight, growl, worry, break, get depressed because of their immense love for dead and materialistic things and have negligible love for human kind.

Last month while I was travelling by train, I found a grown up man fighting for the window seat. At that time I couldn't understand how to react whether to laugh or feel pity but the next time I thanked God that He made me different from that crowd which loved materialistic things. As I said earlier "People are meant to be loved and Things are meant to be used" but nowadays its vice-versa and I feel so sad for this, but the next time I feel lucky that my friends and closed ones that surrounds me are not the same and I pray for those materialistic lovers.
So for me relationships tops the chart, more than anything else. And if you are really loyal to it you will be rewarded with other things(including the materialistic ones) in abundance...trust me. I feel, peace of mind is more important than anything else.
Money, the basic necessity in todays scenario, can't buy happiness, peace of mind, love of your parents or care of your soul-mate. I agree at the same time that its important but its useless if earned by snatching joy from someones eyes or not giving time to your relationships ...And finally what remains is you, your solitude and your money.Thus, that is not what counts, what counts is-
...how many souls are at peace because of you...
...the pleasant and satisfying smile that you hold by being generous and kind to others and when people adore you for this...
...the peace of mind and inner happiness you gather by seeing the smiling faces of your parents and loved ones because of your good deeds...
...the respect you give to human kind when you help a poor man and heal an injured one...the twinkle in your eyes when somebody praises you for your kindness....
...your eyes filled with tears of joy when your pet shows tremendous unconditional love when you get back home after a long time...
And after all this, you stand infront of the Divine with your head high, eyes into His eyes, feeling the divinity within and without any laments or regrets...feeling proud to be a good human being.
We have so much to learn from animals and nature, how beautifully they hold their relashionships to their own kind and to us, thus they create a balance of everything with their love. A small child has innocence in his eyes, he doesn't even know what is cheating, disloyalty or untrustworthiness, he only know one language that is "Love" and is very true to it. So in this matter they are much more experienced as compared to us.

So it is more important than past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do, it is more important than appearance, gifted ability, or skill. It will make or break a company, a temple, a home.
The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace from that day. We cannot change our past , the inevitable...the only thing that we can do is play on the one string that we have and this string is our attitude towards life which is the basic cause of building and nourishing a relationship and trust me you'll never fail. I am convinced that life is ten percent what happens to me and ninety percent how I react to it. And so it is with you... after all we are in charge of our lives. Thanks for reading....

4 comments:

  1. 2day people are so much professional and competitive that it is natural that they wont value the relationships .... i agree wid ur point

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Don`t use your relationships to fulfill your expectations'......but people are doing!
    very touchy write-up

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful thoughts...........like a cold breeze in a warm summer aternoon....refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful piece of writing.... There are indeed very few people who think like you... Nd I feel proud to be your friend... Do keep writing such lovely pieces....

    ReplyDelete